The Standard for Secretary of State
The Secretary of State sees to it that our votes count, our tax dollars are spent as intended, and our natural resources are sustainable. For Oregon to work for all of us, the Secretary of State must demonstrate personal integrity and a deep knowledge of how government should work for the common good.
Oregon’s Secretary of State must have experience in:
- overseeing elections,
- reviewing audits,
- developing and enacting public policy,
- managing government agencies,
- growing small businesses, and
- understanding and serving diverse communities across our state.
The Secretary of State must be able to bring people together and build public trust by being fair, honest, ethical, and transparent and by keeping their word – even under pressure.
I am proud that my experience and record of public service more than meets this standard.
Secretary of State Responsibilities
Oregon’s Secretary of State:
- Oversees our elections,
- Audits state agencies,
- Registers businesses,
- Maintains the Oregon State Archives,
- Serves on the State Lands Board, and
- Serves as Lieutenant Governor.
As your Secretary of State, I will fulfill these obligations with integrity to ensure our government works for the common good of all Oregonians.